Sunday, January 10, 2010

So...

So... I took a little hiatus from my exercise routine. I overdid one day, many months back, and paid for it dearly. There's something to be said for taking things slow and steady. Of course, once I started feeling better we ended up taking a trip to Guam (lets just say the eating atmosphere there isn't conducive to weight management). And, of course, the holidays rolled around just in time to keep me on my my binge eating, sugar happy, anti-exercise regiment.

Thankfully, however, my dear friend Mary Heather challenged me to run a half-marathon with her this coming fall. It was just the challenge I needed to get me motivated, even exited, about getting my physical self back into shape.

Getting back into shape starts with a first step, of course, and today I made mine. I went for a two hour hike in Anadel with a friend of mine, and it was wonderful. The fog was in abundance and made the entire venture a romantic trek across meandering trails. And, the conversation was not lacking, which always makes exercise less painful.

It was a great beginning to what I hope will be a challenging and rewarding experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment