Monday, May 4, 2009

How Do I Love Thee

How do I love thee, sugar?  In so many ways!  On top of a sticky cinnamon roll, nestled in a berry pie, speckled throughout my favorite cookies, burrowed in a soothing bowl of ice cream.  A day is not complete without a little nibble or two.

SUGAR!!!  It's the one thing I battle with more than any other when it comes to eating right.  I know, I know, and I know that I need to go on a (gulp) sugar fast.  I know it's the only way to get to a point where I don't crave the stuff so intensely, but I REALLY don't want to do it.  I've tried it before and failed miserably after days of intense irritability.  That right there is an indicator that I need to do this and stick it out; but as is the case with so many things, the spirit is willing, but the body is weak.

So, I'm leaning in that direction.  That direction over there, the bumpy, annoying, hard one.  I haven't started walking that way yet, but I'm definitely keeping an eye on things over there and getting ready to make my move.

3 comments:

  1. AHHHH! It's HARD! When we battled yeast last Fall, we cut out all sugars, even fruit sugars. Weeks without it. But you know, cutting out dairy was harder. Getting over the dairy hump probably made the sugar mound much smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Want a sugar buster buddy? I've been thinking about cutting it out, too. We can comiserate and/or get irritable together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, if I become your sugar buster buddy does that mean I really have to do this, like before New Years rolls around? AHHHHH!!!

    ReplyDelete